Monday, November 24, 2008

A different perspective

Sometimes, all it takes is looking at everyday things in a different perspective.
There's a place in Lisbon that fills up with people during the weekend - if the sun is out, you can bet that Belém, home of the famous "Pastéis de Belém" (Portuguese Custards), is buzzing with people of all ages and walks of life. It's an amazing place by the river Tagus where people go to relax, play, romance... I've been there hundreds of times and it wasn't until recently that I found out that I had stopped noticing all the great things about it... When I looked around through my 40D's viewfinder, this is how I saw the Discoveries Monument...


... and this is how I remember the iconic Tower of Belém...


So, ask yourself this: "Which of the things I take for granted in my life haven't I been noticing properly lately?"... Then go shoot it from an unusual perspective and see how that makes you feel :)


1 comment:

Sandra Rodrigues dos Santos said...

There are only two things in life that can be taken for granted: death and taxes!
I remember this quote every day.

You're sunset evolution pictures are amazing!! I love the colours :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails